Old October 1st 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Questions about "The High Frontier"

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:45:19 -0000, in a place far, far away, Damien
Valentine made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

I suppose I want to start off by asking, "Would a Solar Power
Satellite work in the first place?" I know that the idea has gotten a
lot of flak recently; is it still viable or just hopeless?

It's certainly technically viable. The issue is whether or not it is
economically viable, relative to the competition.