Old February 25th 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro
The Ghost In The Machine

Default How cool is VL2

In sci.physics, Brad Guth

wrote
on Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:34:40 +0000 (UTC)
lgate.org:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:943268f4698ce93ff8aabb231b766a9b.49644@mygate .mailgate.org

You folks do realize just how cool Venus L2 is, don't you?

On average, VL2 is much cooler than what ISS has to deal with.

It's actually cool enough for accommodating a plastic Bigelow POOF, as
to survive rather nicely within VL2.
http://www.bigelowaerospace.com/
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/187/1
http://flyingsinger.blogspot.com/200...s-genesis.html
-
Brad Guth

Um...forgive me for asking such a stupid question, but since space is so
tenuous anyway how does one measure the temperature of a point therein?
A better measurement is insolation or irradiation, especially if
something is trapped in a bubble (e.g., a spacecraft with some air,
water, etc. in it).

Also, I'm not entirely sure but presumably the Venus L2 point is much
farther away than low Earth orbit, or the Moon, making for certain
logistics difficulties (and higher expense).

#191,
Linux. An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.