Old August 9th 05, 05:00 PM
no_surrender never.net

Astonishing, ain't it!!

Cordially,

Dennis

"Jo" wrote in message
In ,
no_surrender never.net typed:
Well, folks, I got another one for you to cluck and chuckle over. A
newsman on one of our local radio stations today reported that the
space shuttle would not be able to land today, but "will hover over
us" until tomorrow.

No, you have it wrong...according to BBC News 24, they came in to land at
"their base" and bad weather caused them to "take a detour" to a different
airport :-)

And as I was typing this:

"Now Discovery is down, engineers will be checking the extent of the

damage
caused by the foam."

Some of these presenters are on half a mill per year :-(

Thank goodness for access to NASA TV :-)

Jo