Old September 12th 03, 04:16 AM
Bill Nunnelee

A 4.5-inch scope has enough light gathering power to see all of the Messier
Objects. M81 and M82 make a striking pair and can even be spotted in
binoculars. A dark sky will help though.

"jojo" wrote in message
. ..
As a newbie to astronomy, I am searching the night sky.

I have a 4.5" reflector (Bushnell voyager)
4mm, 12,, and a 24mm, also a 3X barlow

I am currently concentrating my efforts on the big dipper.
I cannot view on a nightly basis, as I live in a light rich area so the
questions
I pose now are research till my next dark sky trip.

With my scope an lenses, can I hope to see some of the objects
in the area of the big dipper? M108? M81? M82?

Just trying to find out what to expect.

Thanks,
jo