Old July 19th 18, 03:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default The universal hologram

I will catch a lot of muck on this summise, but bare with me.

If I was blind folded, on a rotating platform, with guns in different directions and distances, what might I mistakenly assume?????????????(I am unaware of rotation) This is important to keep in mind.

Two firings at different times might seem to come from the same direction, or opposite if they occur at different distances.

Now to astronomy!

Our galaxy revolves, and moves through the universe, and therefore a similar optical slight of hand occurs!
Something which we '0bserve' now at (say) due north, might well be in another direction entirely, according to it's distance from us, and our circular motion.
Two bodies which appear to be in the same direction from us, may be nowhere near it (and never were)
Maybe the universal "picture' which we see, is a total hologram, due to the motions of the bodies (us and the "observed") and the finite properties of light

Jim G