Old December 26th 16, 01:43 PM posted to sci.space.tech
David Hoag

Default Partial Torus Station

Does anyone have any comments on the viability of a spacecraft such as the one I posted in the link below?

(I couldn't figure out how to post a photo so I posted it to my Facebook feed and linked it below.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1288363&type=3

I'm sure more learned people have considered such an intermediate approach to provide artificial gravity while conserving construction costs but it's hard to find information about current research on it.

If a successor to the ISS has been in the planning, why can't it be a partial torus?

David Hoag
Space Enthusiast