Old March 3rd 16, 07:44 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Nicolaas Vroom

Default Ligo. What happened 1.3 billion years ago.

Op zondag 28 februari 2016 08:28:43 UTC+1 schreef Phillip Helbig:

The term "beast" here means large in mass, not in radius.

IMO the BH in the center of the Milkey Way is a beast,
almight a small one compared with others.

At page 262 we read:
"Although the two BH's had probably been orbiting each other for
millions of years LIGO began to pick up their waves only when they
reached a a freq of 35 Hz. This frequency rapidly increased to 250 Hz."

This sentence gives the impression that binary systems in general
are stable configurations.

In general, yes, but they lose energy via gravitational waves.

Consider 3 different configurations:
1. A binary star system of 30 solar masses each.
2. A binary BH system of 30 solar masses each.
3. A one BH system of 60 solar masses.

Consider as part of each system a star of 1 solar mass which rotates
at a certain distance r from the Center of Gravity of each.
Is it true that the speed v and the revolution time in each
of these cases is identical?
That being the case do you agree that the loss in gravitational
energy in each case is the same?
Gravitational energy loss implying gravitons?

So what happened.

This brings me to my question: Are we sure that this is really
a binary system and is not a third object involved.

Calculations are done for two merging objects and the comparison with
observations is good. There is no hint of a third object.

When an ordinary large star approaches a Binary Black Hole system it will
evaporate (as a matter of saying). This process will increase
the mass of the two BH's which will start to merge.

Nicolaas Vroom