Old January 7th 04, 01:43 PM
Roger Hamlett

"Starlord" wrote in message
First of all, we NEVER landed on the far side of the moon and NEVER put a

flag
there at all. 2. the far side of the moon does have sunlight on it for

part of
it's orbit around the earth, just as for part of that same orbit the side

we do
view is in darkness.

Trying to see a 6ft tall pole with a flag on it ( Apollo 11's was blown

over
during lem liftoff ) would be like me standing outside and trying to see a

penny
on the ground a mile away from me, even with telescope or binos, it's not

going
to happen.

Actually, a penny on the ground a mile away, is quite possible, though not
easy. The comparison needs to be to seeing a penny about 3000 miles away, or
a single strand of hair at about 3 miles!...

Best Wishes