Old January 7th 04, 01:16 PM
Starlord

First of all, we NEVER landed on the far side of the moon and NEVER put a flag
there at all. 2. the far side of the moon does have sunlight on it for part of
it's orbit around the earth, just as for part of that same orbit the side we do
view is in darkness.

Trying to see a 6ft tall pole with a flag on it ( Apollo 11's was blown over
during lem liftoff ) would be like me standing outside and trying to see a penny
on the ground a mile away from me, even with telescope or binos, it's not going
to happen.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop