Old March 15th 10, 07:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Returning from the crypt and three first lights

Richard Crisp wrote:
This has been a long spell of no imaging for me. I last was able to image on
the evening of Jan 1

Since then I have been inundated with either bad weather, too many chores or
international travel.

Saturday things changed.

I got to test the AP155EDF with the Proline 39000Mono finally under some
decent skies. Seeing wasn't great but it was clear and dark.

I used an Halpha filter and got this shot of the Rosette, a bit late in the
season. I managed to get 14 x 15 minutes.

It was first light for my new AP guidescope. I had a bad storm in January
that blew over my system in its cover. The only things damaged when it hit
the rain-soaked ground were the drawtube for the guidescope (since
straightened and a replacement procured from AP) and the scope cover, that I
had to cut in order to disassemble the system. The wind had no problem
blowing over the system but I could not lift it as a single piece so I had
to cut the cover in order to disassemble it.

In the meantime a friend sold me his AP guidescope so now I have two of
them.

We had a newborn on Saturday morning. So this little fellow also had "first
light" on Saturday. It was about 4-6 hours old when the photo was taken.

The 39MP is a bit low on the QE side at 22% so at 3.5 hours the data is a
bit thin. Still it is fantastic to have such nice resolution over a largish
FOV. I get the same FOV with this AP155EDF/PL39KM as I do with the KAF8300
at 400mm or the KAF3200 at 300mm, but at much higher resolution.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...LI_ha_page.htm

Mmmm.... Crispy!!