Old April 25th 09, 02:51 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika[_1_]

Default Photos of NK missile in flight and during liftoff

wrote in message

KARI began in 1990 to develop its own rockets.

what is Kari?

produced the KSR-I
and KSR-II, one and two-stage rockets in the early 1990s.

In December 1997 it began development of a LOX/kerosene rocket engine.
KARI wished to develop satellite launch capability. A test launch of
the KSR-III took place in 2002.

is that a cable company

c) had the USA worked more openly with nations to help them orbit
payloads, there would be less incentive to develop their own launchers
- as all space faring nations cooperate to end missile proliferation.

The US does help nations orbit payloads. Openly. For that matter, why
doesn't NK use Chinese LVs to launch their satellites?

BECAUSE THE USA IS HELPING SK BUILD ITS OWN LAUNCHER IF THE USA ENDED
THAT PROGRAM THEN CHINA WOULD PUT PRESSURE ON NK TO DO THE SAME.

or did you mean AMC

mk5000