Old December 10th 04, 07:48 AM
Derek Lyons

"Neil Gerace" wrote:
"Derek Lyons" wrote in message

When you do, you note the modularity is defined as 'being able to
leave bits not needed behind', something the Apollo spacecraft is
decidedly not able to do. Whether it's the super-heavy J mission SM,
or the ultra lightweight CRV SM, the CM is wedded always and forever
to a SM.

But the SM has different kit for each kind of mission. Some of it was taken
on a mission (eg 17), and some not (e.g. 7, ASTP, Skylab 2).

An interesting point. The original post implied (to me) that
modularity was at a somewhat higher level than modifications.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL