Old December 12th 04, 05:48 PM
Len Philpot

In article , says...
You must read a lot of newsgroups to need a stand alone reader
with full killfile capability - most readers even in browsers have some
killfile capacity, and no filter can work 100% of the time.

Others like bells and whistles as a first priority. Others like the
sense
of control. Others, the illusion of control. Many people witha lower
sensitivity just scroll past the good to get to the bad and find it
easy.

Actually, I used (Gravity|Free Agent|Pan|tin) depending on what
platform I'm on simply because IMO they're far superior to any web-
based interface. For instance, on programming / technical newsgroups,
using tin on Linux enables me to have the full power of vim available
for message editing, including syntax highlighting, auto indent and
any of the other 1500 or so functions it offers. g Same is true to
lesser extents for other newsreaders. /Any/ of them beat the pants
off a webpage interface. Right now, I'm in Gravity on XP.

--

-- Len Philpot -