Old December 5th 08, 04:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Default MSL delayed till 2011

Damon Hill wrote:
Hi Pat! wrote in :

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:27:54 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

This will further drive up the costs of the already way-over-budget
program.

...But I think it's better off that they get the thing right before
they come up with another MPL or Beaglesplat.

I'm getting real pessimistic about living long enough to see a
manned Mars landing.

Well, you just wasted another five years and another $20 billion dollars
pursuing another 'Constellation' pipe dream, which rightly can't pass a
simple engineering **** test and should have never left the damn napkin.

Doing **** like that every five years isn't going to deliver your goals.