Old November 17th 04, 10:33 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Remember that the 1/48th was planograph reduced from the 1/24th, as
with most of Revell's space kits. The sole exception I can recall was
the 1/24th really awful Block I CSM stack, which deviated from the
produced-far-more-than-should-be-legally-allowed CSM "Over The
Rainbow" 1/96 CSM stack.

Uh...OM.... the big Revell CSM was in 1/48th scale; not 1/24th.
And the 1/48th scale Mercury/Gemini combo kit predated the 1/24th scale
Gemini by years.
The 1/24th scale Gemini kit/Gemini mockup contest was around 1967,
according to this:
http://www.clothmonkey.com/gemini.htm
The only other 1/24th scale spacecraft they did was Vostok; why they
never did a Mercury is beyond me.
My current dilemma is determine how exactly I acquired the Friendship 7
patch- the Molly Brown and Liberty Bell 7 patches came with the Gus
Grissom Memorial Mercury/Gemini set, but where the hell did the Glenn
patch come from? The Mercury/Atlas set?

Pat