Old July 13th 04, 03:54 AM
Sam Wormley

Default SOLAR ACTIVITY: An M1-class solar flare erupted Monday at 0800 UT

Wfoley2 wrote:

Sam, I wonder if that may be causing the crappy WWW connections I have been
getting for about a week...
Oh, for fiber optics to be installed in more places....

Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)

No, Bill, that's most probably a result of hacker activity, MicroSoft
vulnerability and the fact that sysad folk don't work 24/7.... I've
notice it too.

What we have been getting from the mer rovers, Cassini and other
probes is great, but I'm ready for some brighter comets and Solar
displays (just short of taking down power grids)!

But then I can't complain... as the "second act" of the Milk Way
overhead is in its full glory!

-Sam