Old May 15th 15, 10:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Ten years on

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 8:31:13 PM UTC+1, oriel36 wrote:
Despite appearances, the use of differential rotation across latitudes to explain both oceanic crustal evolution/motion and the spherical deviation of the Earth with special emphasis on the Mid Atlantic Ridge is from the Western scientific tradition. I encountered a YouTube video today where some guy superimposed differential rotation of Jupiter overlaid on the Earth's geometry with a wayward conclusion -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yduo9wi8wjM

Of course I have to stitch together graphics from elsewhere instead of encountering individuals willing and able to apply dedicated graphics to an astronomical observation that rotating fluid compositions on a celestial scale produce the characteristics of differential rotation with the Earth's interior no exception. I looked for clues on the surface crust and the Mid Atlantic Ridge satisfies a more in-depth look at rotation from the 10 year old perspective that originated in this forum.

There would have to be some group willing to simulate the symmetrical growth of oceanic crust either side of the Mid Atlantic Ridge using the lag/advance mechanism associated with the uneven rotational gradient of the fluid interior.

This business of living with ideologies of the late 17th century and early 20th century may be fine for unimaginative drones who can't handle the cause for the Sun rising and setting each and every day but with all these 21st century tools it is truly dismaying that only a few have the ability to make the connection between the rotation of the fluid interior with the clues left on the surface crust.