Old October 12th 04, 05:50 PM
Jimmie

Default Big Bang Question

Did the big bang propagate matter through space or did it propagate space
too. What brought this up was we were discussing Hubble's theory of an
expanding universe in High School Physics class. It occured to me that if
the entire universe was reduced to a single pont just prior to the Big Bang
that Hubbles observations may be useless as the universe could be collapsing
even though Hubbles observations would seem to indicate expansion.
On the other hand Hubbes deductions would be much more likely if the Big
Bang just scattered matter through space.