Old October 14th 20, 08:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
tesla sTinker[_3_]

Default Star Travel ? - Never !

On 10/11/2020 1:23 PM, scribbled:
All should realize, that travel to any other star, even a close one,
will absolutely never happen. It all comes down to Distance = Speed x
Time . Do the simple math. Even at near light speed ( which is very
unlikely ), the times would still be prohibitive. This is why,
although intelligent space faring species likely abound throughout
the universe, we are never visited by any. Our fastest spacecraft is
slower than light by a factor of well over 30,000 . A one way trip to
our very nearest neighbor star would take about 140 millennia! Put in
perspective, only 2 millennia would take us back to the height of the
Roman empire, and 65,000 millennia would see the last of the
dinosaurs.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Nasa+h...&for m=MOZLBR