Old September 13th 10, 06:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: VdB 4

On 9/12/2010 12:52 PM, glen youman wrote:
VdB 4 in Cassiopeia

Nothing spectacular but I like the starscape. The bloated stars (due
to the anit-blooming characteristic of the camera) lend a feeling of
depth to the image.

The open cluster is NGC 255 (Herschel HS78-8).

FS-128 @ f8.1, SBIG ST-2000XM, 10 minute subs.

You've been looking at my to-do list haven't you. Last three you posted
are right off it. In fact I was imaging Sh2-149 about 3 nights ago. I
did Sh2-152 last year and never realized I could have fit it and 249 in
the same field. I had much better seeing that night as well. I will
likely have to try again as I think seeing was well beyond 3"

This is another from my to-do list but not one I've hit yet. Hope to
yet this fall.

Think you mean NGC 225 rather than 255. The latter is a galaxy also on
my to do list!

Rick