Old November 5th 09, 01:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

Default Ares1-X failure - new information

NASA is now stating in an article on Spaceflightnow that a) no
recontact occurred, and b) the spin was not entirely unexpected due to
the CG of the USS being well aft.

That's not correct, they said....

"We did not see any recontact between the upper stage and the first
stage."
That's not the same thing as no contact occured.
That is NASA-speak for the age old political tactic
called 'plausible deniability'. No one can prove there
was contact, so they can deny it.

If nobody can prove there was recontact, then there wasn't any
recontact.

But we all saw the distance open up and close again just
before the upper stage ...immediately...started spinning.

I don't care where the CG was, it started spinning far
too quickly, contact is the only plausible explanation
to start something that massive spinning so suddenly.

In other words, facts need not apply. You've got your opinions, and
you don't care what they facts are.

D.

He told the facts you failed to read. Under low airload it should slowly
begin to spin and go faster.

Um, that's an assumption (and an incorrect one) rather than a fact.

its very basic physics. If a momentum acts to a free body it slowly
begins to spin and gets faster. In this case, an aerodynamic unstable
body, the momentum increases as more angle deviation you got. The
max mommentum for such a body may reached at 90 deg. Until that position
the spin gets faster. But we all saw it fast from the 0 deg on.

SENECA

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##