Old February 12th 04, 06:32 PM
Mike Combs

Default Mars is kind of short of nitrogen

"Sander Vesik" wrote in message

It appears to be bar far better to use solar batteries and artifical
lightning combined with hydroponics.

I could believe this if I could believe that on a square-mile to square-mile
comparison, solar panels and electric lights were comparable in price to
aluminized Mylar and glass.

Remember Titan.

A good point. If it turns out that asteroids just can't provide the amounts
of nitrogen needed, export from Titan might actually help meet the demand.

--

Regards,
Mike Combs

Gerard O'Neill - "The High Frontier"