Old November 12th 14, 03:50 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jan Philips[_2_]

Default Grissom splashdown on TV?

In "When we left Earth - the NASA Missions", talking about Gus
Grissom's first flight, Gene Krantz pretty much says that they were
watching live when Gus was in the water after the spashdown.

I'm pretty sure that there was no live TV of the recovery. I was
watching on network TV. The TV showed a sumulated recovery or one of
the rehearsals, stating that it was real. When we learned that the
capsule sank and we had been fooled, my father got angry and called
NBC (I think it was). So many people compained about being decieved
that they made a policy to never do that again.

There wasn't any live TV of Gus' recovery, was there?