Old February 28th 10, 02:50 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.particle
GSS

Default Call for a Paradigm Shift in Fundamental Physics

On Feb 28, 11:24 am, "Androcles"
You can disagree all you want to, the rest of the world is not going
to suddenly jump up and say " 'Gurcharn Sage Sandhu' is a genius, let's
all have an absolute motion paradigm shift!"

Let us leave the 'rest of the world' to form their own opinion and
judgment. Let us discuss your personal apprehensions regarding the
proposed experiment to detect absolute motion.
https://sites.google.com/a/fundament...edirects=0&d=1

In the illustrative example considered above, when two objects A and
B, separated by distance D, are co-moving with velocity U (along AB)
in a 'stationary' reference frame K, the difference between up-link
signal propagation time Tu and the down-link signal propagation time
Td gives a measure of U/c as,
U/c = (Tu-Td)/(Tu+Td) ...... (1)
provided, of course the speed of signal propagation c is an isotropic
constant in reference frame K.

However, if we assume your pet 'emission theory' or 'ballistic theory'
of light propagation to be valid in the reference frame K, then during
up-link the signal propagation speed will be c+U and during down-link
the signal propagation speed will be c-U as measured in reference
frame K. Taking into account the distance moved by the objects A and B
(in frame K) during the signal propagation times, we get,
(c+U).Tu = D + U.Tu ..... (2)
and
(c-U).Td = D - U.Td ..... (3)

From equations (2) and (3) we get,
Tu = Td = D/c ..... (4)

Thus, assuming your pet 'emission theory' or 'ballistic theory' of
light propagation to be valid, the up-link and down-link signal
propagation times between two co-moving objects will always be equal.

Quoting Albert Einstein, from his 1905 paper, "If at the point A of
space there is a clock, an observer at A can determine the time values
of events in the immediate proximity of A. If there is at the point B
of space another clock in all respects resembling the one at A, it is
possible for an observer at B to determine the time values of events
in the immediate neighborhood of B. But it is not possible without
further assumption to compare, in respect of time, an event at A with
an event at B. We have so far defined only an 'A time' and a 'B time'.
We have not defined a common 'time' for A and B, for the latter cannot
be defined at all unless we *establish by definition* that the 'time'
required by light to travel from A to B equals the 'time' it requires
to travel from B to A."

This shows that your pet 'emission theory' or 'ballistic theory' of
light propagation predicts the same result as enunciated by Einstein
(which you had been persistently objecting to for so long).

In the above quoted experiment to detect absolute motion, my proposed
theory makes a definite prediction that the up-link and down-link
signal propagation times between two co-moving objects will always be
un-equal. Thus a successful conduct of the proposed experiment to
detect absolute motion will not only invalidate SR and your pet
'emission theory' or 'ballistic theory' of light propagation but will
also initiate a paradigm shift in fundamental physics. I expect this
experiment to be actually conducted during 2010 - 2011 period.

May I have your valuable comments please!

GSS