Old September 5th 06, 03:23 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Craig Fink

Default Good Managers at NASA

Hi Danny,

A bit of life's philosophy;

We all arrive here as a clean slate with nothing written on it, knowing
nothing. From this point on we begin to learn, each and every event or
experience is written on that slate. As you can imagine, everyone's life
experiences are quite different, and when we talk and interact with others
we can only do so from our own personal perspective. An understanding
derived from what is written on our own slate with no knowledge as to what
is written on the others. So, if you ever find someone trying to read from
your slate, they are in reality, simply reading from there own.

I didn't enjoy writing a recent posting to you, it was really quite
painful. But, you seem like a really nice guy and I felt it was worth the
time and effort to write it. I just couldn't sit idly by and ...

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:36:45 -0400, John Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

I prefer Top posting,

It isn't what you prefer that counts. It is what readers prefer that
counts. The tradition/standard was set for very good reasons: it makes
reading of posts easier.

I am a reader of this group too, and just told you what I preferred. Brian
Gaff is also a reader of this group and quite often top posts. Usenet and
Internet are really in their infancy, even today. So traditions,
standards, etiquette may be in a state of flux for the next century or so.

http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=etiquette

Breeding?, are they talking about dogs?, which authority is that? Hummm.

"Top posters" ...

lol, I can imagine reading and following my threads might often be
difficult, as I always like to try new things out and I'm not particularly
organized. I've found it's simplest to just post the same as who your
responding to. Doing differently may be seen as a form of aggression. John
is right here, "Top poster" would tend to quote more material, as all the
new material is on top and the person reading the tread can simply stop
reading at the reference material. "Bottom posters", tend to trim too much
as they are always having to scroll down thru all the old stuff first. The
"Middle poster" is argumentative (debate). Discussions on posting styles
are many and varied on Usenet.

It's really the Engineer in me that likes "top posting", I think it's more
efficient.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @