Old October 6th 05, 08:27 AM
blart

nothing on spacewarn i think

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/spacewarn/spx622.html

"jonathan" wrote in message

"The Shanghai Morning Post reported earlier this month that the
mission could take place as early as this month or October, "
http://www.physorg.com/news6379.html

And now reports of large meteors coming in about the same time.

We had a brilliant meteor here in Miami last Thursday evening
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12777392.htm

And another one came over almost in the same area
the week before.
http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...25/1006/NEWS01

And one reported seen in Ohio about the same time.

"Jim Z" wrote in message
. ..
Hard to tell the direction.
Only the brightest stars were visible and I could not get a fix on any
constellations. I was driving on RT. 271 southbound and it appeared to
streak towads the horizion from an elevation of about 60 degrees.
Lasted I would say, a total of 4 seconds.

Someone reported a fireball from the Ohio River region at the same
time in the Northern sky. If it was the same, the altitude must
have been fairly low.

And look at this video posted just a couple of days ago.
It may be fake, but if you look at the shock wave take out
the coolers and chair, that was a real explosion and
shock wave. Hollywood would have a hard time making
something this convincing.
http://poststuff.entensity.net/10030...dia=meteor.wmv