Old January 28th 18, 08:56 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Steve Willner

Default Trouble For Dark Energy Hypothesis?

In article ,
jacobnavia writes:
Why do neutrinos react with some Chlorate compounds?

Isn't it a consequence of the geometry of the collision?

Not that I'm aware of.

The chlorine-37 experiment has an energy threshold of 814 keV.
Neutrinos with lower energy cannot be detected by that type of
detector.

Other detectors have lower thresholds but still in the many-keV
range. I can't imagine any hope of detecting milli-eV neutrinos,
though perhaps some very advanced civilization might find a way.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA