Old February 6th 04, 02:00 PM
P. Edward Murray

Default Are astronomy gathering safe for children?

In my experience as a Club president and member of several clubs there
isn't any problem at all. For the most part, kids...young kids 5,6,7
etc. just do not come to meetings. They do come, with their parents,to
Star Watches or Star
Parties. These events usually have several club members with their
telescopes as well as many other members of the public.

I've never seen nor heard of any problem at all.

Like others have said here, I say the same. Most people are decent and
there are not any problems. For the most part these kind of problems
arise when a child is alone and that's not going to happen at one of
these events.