Old February 6th 04, 04:47 AM
Darin Boville

Default Are astronomy gathering safe for children?

(Karl) wrote in message ...
In article , "Dave Jessie"
wrote:

Shawn Grant wrote in message:
My photo
http://www.shawngrantsworld.com/photos/buzzardroost.htm
Gee I wonder who could use photo 101

Hi Shawn,

That is one gorgeous photo. Just beautiful.

Dave

More like that's good Photoshop work. You can make almost any photo look
good with Photoshop or darkroom tinkering.

At what point does it stop being an actual photograph? Its the same with
CCD images. They're more computer images than real photographs, where
Photoshop skills are more important than skill with the camera. Dont get
me wrong, I love my digital SLR, but there is also something about my
Nikon FM2 and my Bronica that will always appeal to me. They're honest,
and make you do the work.

Karl

This is nice example of the sorts of things they are debating on the
"mars color" threads...on my monitor Shawn's image looks distinctly
overexposed (too light)--on a Mac flat screen. On my Mac CRT monitor
I'm sure it would look warmer in tone. On a PC I bet it would look
more "correct."

Did NASA produce this image?

And in all cases it would have been better if shot on 4x5 (joke!).

--Darin