Old September 26th 18, 01:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Our Wobbly Earth

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 2:36:24 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:
Just saw this interesting article.

https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-ex...pin-axis-drift

Of couse, not everyone is going to like all of it.

And here's the quote that led me to say that:

"We all agree - well, most of us - that our planet is a giant ball that spins around a central point running from pole-to-pole, completing a single rotation every 24 hours."

"A more accurate description is our planet is a slightly lumpy, roughly spherically-shaped, slightly-squished sphere that spins on an axis once every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds."

John Savard