Old May 16th 06, 08:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: wrote:

: And there has been about a billion dollars of investment in private
: space vehicles recently.
:
:
: So?
:
: So, significant money disagrees with Mr. Oldover (not surprising, since
: most sensible people do).
:
:
: That money is from billionaire hobbyists, not investors.

: It is from both. It is also from state governments. Though, as Derek
: Lyons noted, I should have said private space industry, not just vehicles.

How does state government money end up backing commercial spaceflight? I
think THAT is what we want to know based upon what you posted.

Eric