Old December 24th 12, 04:07 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default It seems that as Dark Energy increases, Dark Matter decreasesastime goes on

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Monday, December 24, 2012 1:24:25 AM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 18/12/2012 11:21 AM, dlzc wrote:

On Monday, December 17, 2012 6:07:45 PM UTC-7, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 19/11/2012 3:09 PM, dlzc wrote:

OK, but this is not required, is not detectable
in the laboratory, and violates the laws of
physics not changing over time.

I doubt that this law has been absolutely proven.

Nothing is Science can be.

It may hold true within our current era, but
that's just a localized phenomenon.

Fine structure constant does not change as much
as 1 part in 10^8 over the displayed history of
the Universe, and the observations you have
drawn your conclusions on *assume* no change in
physics over that time.

It's hard to tell what the laws of physics were
like during the Inflationary Big Bang period. We
can only see as far back as the CMBR,

The observation that started this post was clearly this side of the CMBR. And the observation *assumed* the laws of physics did not change over that time, to reach their conclusions.

i.e. 300k years after the BB, which would already
be too late after the Inflationary period. By the
time of the CMBR, the Universe had already settled
into its current stable state. The Fine Structure
Constant was pretty much already at the current
level, give or take a few parts per whatever.
However, during Inflation that FSC might have been
quite wildly different.

Sure. And the CMBR might be what our container Universe looks like, and there was no Big Bang.

Gravity is often thought of as negative energy.

Incorrectly so, since it is energy-neutral.

No idea where you get that.

Gravity just changes "energy of position" to "energy of motion", net energy does not change, until friction kicks in.

In the Inflationary period, a large amount of
positive push energy pushed the universe out
very quickly, and then that positive energy got
converted into matter

If it was not already matter, no push was required.

The matter would've had to come later, after
Inflation ended. That which is being "pushed",
is space itself.

Which arises from matter / energy, and cannot
exist without it. Which is why it plays such
a strong role in the curvature of spacetime.

Or more likely matter-energy requires space-time,
and cannot exist without it. I don't even think
this is just another classic chicken/egg problem,

I agree here, however...

I think it's quite plainly obvious that energy
condenses out of spacetime, and that matter
condenses out of energy. I think spacetime is
the basic building block, and energy and then
matter come out of that.

Time evolves from the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and space evolves from conservation of momentum and multiple bodies. So to me it is most likely that they all cooked out *precisely* together.

David A. Smith