Old May 24th 19, 03:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Travel Among Stars ?

Amusing how fools continue to tout this impossible concept !

Distance = Speed x Time . Do the simple math !

Even at light speed c, times would be prohibitively long, even for relatively short hops between close stars. And practical travel speeds will likely be vastly less than c. Our fastest space probe so far is slower than c by a factor of about 30,000 .

Also, although there are likely many space faring intelligent species throughout the universe, we are clearly never visited by any.

Case closed ( or should be ) !