Old April 15th 18, 09:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 8:59:34 PM UTC+1, Anders Eklöf wrote:
Gerald Kelleher wrote:

The variations in twilight length across latitudes from say the Equator to
London is due to the rate of rotation through the circle of illumination
(twilight) so the slower the speed of rotation, the longer the twilight..

You should definitely brush up your math skills on the difference
between correlation vs. causality...

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour

Ah Anders, having shown you that entitled and titled are interchangeable as terms you come back with another one of these things.

Polar twilight is fully established at the South Pole and delighted they have at least the South Pole Radio Telescopes Camera operating showing this -

https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/spwebcam.cfm

The cause of this extended twilight is a property of orbital motion as the surface of the planet turns parallel to the orbital plane and entirely separate to daily rotation responsible for the day/night cycle at our latitudes.

If you can explain why the Sun comes into view on the March Equinox at the North Pole, stays constantly in view for 6 months before going out of view for another 6 months then be my guest but there is also extended polar dawn and twilight which is attached to this great cycle and the rotation behind it.

The Scandinavian people are a humane people and blessed with common sense so it can't be easy for you to ignore the imaging in front of you but that is not really my business. I don't bill anyone by the hour as the information is invaluable and belongs to everyone.