Old May 9th 14, 06:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default SpaceX reusable booster experiments

"Rick Jones" wrote in message ...

"Greg \(Strider\) Moore" wrote:
You know, this got me looking at their launch history and it dawned
on me, they're doing decent turnaround.

April 18th launch - CCLC40
May 10 (planned) Launch - CCLC40
June Launch (planned) - CCLC40
July Launch (planned) - CCLC40
August 8 (planned) - CCLC40

That's pretty much 5 launches in 5 months (planned, subject of course to
change).

They're definitely making this an operational system.

(I consider the ability to stack and launch in such a short period
of time a good sign.)

Is it all serial, or is there a degree of pipelining meaning they
aren't "really" turning-around in just one month? Certainly they are
turning the pad itself around in a month but I'm wondering about the
rest of it.

rick jones

Not sure what you mean. To clarify my point, I did mean the pad.

This means their stacking operation (I believe they only have the one
facility there to stack) is pretty efficient in my mind.

They're at a rate where they can build more than 1 per month.

They're definitely gearing up to be with the big-boys.