Old May 24th 05, 09:09 PM
David Nakamoto

People are, by and large, fragmented in their psyches and mind. Cause and
effect, choices and consequences, are thought of as separate issues, not
connected. I'm sure many don't see that they perform the very actions that they
despise in others.

There's also the issue of the original poster gracefully accepting the fact that
he did the same typo twice in the same message, among other ones, but along with
humor, humbleness seems to be lacking in some people.

Just because someone can type, learn how to use a computer, or even write
cogently, does not mean they're intelligent, and/or have some social graces,
and/or that they can even think.

But getting back to the original question.

I suspect that eventually, if not already, someone will post images to a website
taken with the new Meade camera. I suspect, however, that it has limited
capability. Stacking is not a substitute for obtaining a single high
signal-to-noise ratio image through a long exposure, as I've experienced myself.
It can and does work for the brighter "faint fuzzies" but not for fainter ones.
It's not a question of recording the object, but a question of the quality of
the final image.

Whether this is a cheap way to start Astroimaging is debatable. Whether one
should go this route should be based on the technical merits of the camera, the
technical support you're going to get from Meade (an issue with which I've have
lots of first-hand experience, and of which I recommend "don't count on it") and
how far this camera will take you. I personally recommend SBIG or Starlight
Xpress or a web camera, depending on your needs.

I'm sure there are other technical issues I've not thought of.

Sincerely,
--- Dave

Pinprick holes in a colorless sky
Let inspired figures of light pass by
The Mighty Light of ten thousand suns
Challenges infinity, and is soon gone

wrote in message
oups.com...

George wrote:

Obviously, he gave up. If he had been a little patient, he would
have gotten his answer.

I just find it incredible that someone has so little sense of humour
and is so rude when they are expecting people to answer questions and
help!

Regards,

Tim.