Old April 17th 05, 07:28 AM
Pat Flannery

Ed Kyle wrote:

XSS-11, a similar DoD project that apparently hasn't
failed, is more likely to be that step than DART,
which is a NASA program. It would be amazingly
hard, if not impossible, to hide a secret project
via. NASA.

Read "The Corona Project" sometime...hide in plain site. Once the
taped-on craft paper comes off of the Canaveral launched Discover
satellites camera aperture, they amazingly transform into recon sats
during first stage burn.
Besides, nowadays who gives a hoot in hell about even disguising a
military purpose for our space program's military attachments?
Frankly, I don't really have a problem with designing something along
the lines of the old SAINT program- it's a non-nuclear capability that
might act as a deterrent to war....the Chinese have already realized the
military aspects of satellites and satellite negation in the modern
world: http://www.spacewar.com/news/cyberwar-05j.html

Pat