Old September 12th 18, 08:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 12:41:07 PM UTC-6, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

(And yes, he was a _violent_ extremist.)

It's true he had unorthodox religious views. The "violent" part comes as news to
me. Of course, armed overthrow of a dictatorship, which is what the Catholic
Church exercised at that time, is legitimate, and so he could still be a martyr.

While he anticipated that the stars in the sky were themselves suns which could
have planets of their own in orbit around them - a thing we finally, after all
these centuries, are in the process of directly confirming - I have no idea if
he had been visionary enough to also anticipate modern-day representative
democracy.

John Savard