Old November 29th 06, 05:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Done, Fin, Ship-it!

"Jon Christensen" wrote in message
That's a big effort! I suppose that's not a record for exposure time
these days but it's an awful lot. That object must have given up
everything she's willing to....

It got shaken down pretty well Jon. Sort of like the bill collector in the
cartoons when we were kids holding the guy upside down and shaking
everything from his pockets :-)

Here's a link to the POSS2 red plate (F). There's simply not much signal
there at all to begin with. I had about 100-125 ADU in each channel after
stacking 34 x 30 minutes per filter via sigma-sum !!!

http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinPre...D%202333%2B301