Old January 9th 05, 11:16 PM
arawson

Thanks for your reply Mike. I do live in the West Valley and I was
hoping that the Porter Ranch site might be for real but you pretty much
cleared up what I feared was the case. I work about 70 hours a week so
I just don't have time to take 1-2 hour drives out of town. I like your
idea about heading over the mountains via Kanan or Las Virgenes and
going north on the beach as thats pretty easy for me to get to.
I also plan to start participating in LAAS activities, there's a
public star party next Sat 15 that I'm going to try to check out.
Although now that Griffith Observatory is down and the parties are
being held in the zoo parking lot I'm not sure how much more
advantageous this is going to be, except hopefully I'll be able to
check out some pretty cool scopes.
Thanks for your reply Mike!
Andy