View Single Post
Old July 1st 18, 11:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 12:12:07 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 1:36:22 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Nice sunny day here. Yard sales, Flea Market, Farmers' Market. Kim is coming out later with Korean food.

Temperature currently 70F as of 1:15 PM. Could get up to 78F later. Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 53%.

I saw a woman last night at the Transit Center standing and loudly bitching at an empty bus. Some police drove by and stopped, saying they had heard her shouting obscenities. She just kept talking and walking around. The cops followed her. They came in a Transit Police vehicle, but the had Sheriff written across their backs, making their identity confusing. They finally arrested her and handcuffed her hands behind her back. She kept loudly complaining that they were hurting her, and that they were illegally searching her. They threw thew contents of her pockets on the sidewalk and she protested that. They found nothing illegal there. She had a bag of stuff with her she had bought at Dollar Tree, and was concerned about that. By the time I got on a bus, it certainly looked like they were taking her to jail! The charged her with creating a disruption, disorderly conduct, and interfering with public transit. She hadn't hurt anybody. She hadn't caused any damage. And she hadn't bitched at anyone in particular. She acted like she may have been drinking, but she wasn't going to drive. She wasn't being anymore annoying than a lot of other people I've seen at the Transit Center. And what about freedom of speech? And the right not to be unreasonably searched? These high minded words sound good in a civics class, but out in the real world, the cops seem to be able to do whatever they want! In reality we have no rights that we can depend on! We have to always be careful of what we say, how we act, and what we have in our pockets!

Double-A

I posted about "Bob Hansell" the sheriff in my county in Florida killed people that he did not like.Florida lead the way what USA is today.GOP Mafia has the right to kill,and do it everyday.Been over 50 years since they killed JFK and bobby.King too.Trump will kill families.Why not.Its his America not ours(we the People 0 )Bert

All our local government here in Oregon is under Democrat control. And they are in a stance of resistance against Trump and his policies. You can't blame the GOP or Trump for the actions of local cops here.

Currently 74F here in Gresham. Wind NW at 7 mph. Humidity 41%. Partly cloudy.
The forecast for the 4th is shaping up to be 81F, a reasonable temp, but cloudy.

Kim brought be some Korean food. There is some of it that I don't know what it is! I had better look it up before I eat any of it!

Double-A