Old August 30th 20, 02:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX Falcon 9 first stage reuse economics

In article , says...

Jeff Findley writes:

I've been in a situation where the part of the company I
work for bought another company and their management came to
dominate the organization. It was a strange twist I wasn't
expecting at the time.

That was how a retired Boeing employee characterized the M-D
merger. "Where M-D bought Boeing, but with Boeing's money" was
how he put it.

He was quite happy to no longer be working there.

That's what I've heard and read in articles about Boeing's recent
failings. They went from a company focused on quality engineering to a
company focused on the bottom line. They bought back billions of
dollars of their own stock only to have not one, but several of their
programs fail in various ways.

Jeff