Old April 10th 08, 12:00 AM posted to sci.space.moderated
Matt

Default Saturn Ring Sample Return Mission?

On Apr 8, 10:21 pm, Craig Fink wrote:
A planetary probe should be able to fly in and sample Saturn's ring material
and analysis it and/or return a sample to Earth. The relative velocity
between the probe and ring material would be almost zero if the probe is
in-plane near circular.

Has anyone proposed or is working on a Saturn Ring Sample mission?
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @

That's an interesting thought. It's hard to believe no one has ever
considered it, but I try to be well-read on space science, and I've
never heard of a proposal to do that. Possibly it's felt that fly-bys
have analyzed it sufficiently.
Matt Bille