Old November 8th 03, 06:12 PM
Scott Lowther

Default Von Braun rockets on Encyclopedia Astronautica

Al Jackson wrote:

Scott Lowther wrote in message ...
P.S. Sadly, Mark Wade is continuing the mythology that the A-9/A-10 ICBM
was to be manned. Bah!

I am not so sure of that!

Check out

http://www.luftarchiv.de/

search on A9 and you will see several versions of a piloted A9, but will
have to be able to read German. My German is not that good so I cannot
tell if there is historical documents to back this up, on that page.
Tho there is a drawing of that page that looks as if it came from some
archive!

There is a pen-and-ink B&W sketch of the research manned A-9, of unknown
provenance, and color art done by Miranda in the 1990's. Not exactly
conclusive. As Pat mentioned, Miranda also has some nice artwork of
German flying saucers...

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam