Old November 24th 06, 03:54 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.electromag,sci.astro,sci.math
a_plutonium[_1_]

Default revision of all scientific symbols instead of trying to fit them to the computer

Giovanni Resta wrote:
a_plutonium wrote:
Mostly because the language of physics is far
removed from the aphabet of a keyboard. So I think physics should
change into a system where the keyboard becomes our symbols and
eliminate the Greek alphabet and make calculus into the keyboard
symbols. Replace current symbols with something of the keyboard
symbols.

Almost every scientist uses LaTeX to write even very complicate
formulas with the normal keyboard and very little effort.
Where have you been in all the past years ??

g.

No, I disagree. When are at a juncture in science and physics written
communication. A juncture because of computers. So that we should not
try to resurrect the old literature and symbols onto this new platform
of communication.

There should be some sort of symposium of scientists of every science
discipline wherein the objective and endgoal is that every science
symbol and math symbol is covered by the ten digits and the 26 letters
of the alphabet and including symbols such as !#%^&*(){}[]":;'

In other words, revamp the old. Get rid of all foreign made up symbols
such as infinity, such as the differential, the integral signs, partial
derivative, Greek letters, etc etc

Come up with a system wherein all science symbols can be had from the
alphabet and ten digits and the common symbols.

We waste too much time in science in getting the "symbols" correct,
when we should be devoting that time to doing actual science itself.

So do not devise a software, but revamp the entire way of symbolization
in science.

For example the integral sign maybe SS, and the derivative sign maybe
DD.

Find out what would be an easy system and then make it a universal
standardized system.

Have a symposium of scientists that revises the entire symbolism system
and makes it easy to type on every computer. And has plenty of room for
future symbols.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium