Old May 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:24:41 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Jeff
Findley" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

wrote in message
roups.com...
You're wrong. As price rises, demand falls due to customers switching to
alternatives. Eventually, you end up with oil that's so expensive, no
one
in their right mind would use it, so you never truly "run out" of oil.

As price rises, demand falls; as demand falls, price drops. If hardly
anything runs on oil, oils prices will crash into the dust, and it will
be affordable for other uses. So yes, we will use it all up eventually
- it just won't be that important by the time it's gone.

This makes no sense to me. If oil drilling stops completely, due to
extremely low demand, there will still be some oil out there that's either
undiscovered (too costly to find such a small deposit) and/or so hard to
extract it's simply not worth it. Oil will never be completely gone from
this planet.

No, but it may be gone from Ordover's planet. You know, the one on
which no one understand economics?