Old July 12th 07, 05:03 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Skywise

Default I saw something!

galwacco wrote in news:1184066784.737322.22240
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Snipola
Right at that very moment I saw a satelite passing by, it was also the
first time I'd seen one. Man, it was just awesome!!

It passed by really fast, and kind of drew a line path as it passed.

Snipola

How fast? Sat's take minutes to cross the entire sky. Only
the really low (about to reenter) ones zip by with much
speed, and then were still talking about a minute.

If what you saw only lasted seconds, it was most likely a
meteor - especially if it left a "line path" in the sky.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?