Old April 14th 17, 02:32 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default Pioneer Anomaly 2017

Il giorno mercoledì 12 aprile 2017 21:44:37 UTC+2, Craig Markwardt ha scritto:
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 6:53:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
..... the sign of acceleration

I note no response.

I take it you are done ignoring c?

.. a Pioneer , sending e.m. signals , is clearly in only one place ...with only one speed !

A truism - at one instant. But, we are considering the *acceleration* of the craft, which means we must analyze the trajectory over a long period of time, distance and range of velocity. So the craft does sample different regions of the Hubble flow, but it is not enough to explain the Pioneer anomaly.

[ examples deleted ]
Anderson et al considered many possible explanations, including both direction (sign) and amount (magnitude). But at the time none were sufficient to explain the measured sign or magnitude.

CM

... i understand English not very well ..
.. ok .. i can consider the c like a lost question for me , but the whole question is not clear ..
... can you answer for an hipothetic question ? : if you discover in the Kuiper belt a disomogeity ( or a gas leakage in the rocket ) , the Pioneeer 'anomaly is resolved ! ... so , should be the trajectory of the times go-back and of the Doppler shift coincident ?
... i rephrase : the two trajectories 'construction with go-back times and with Doppler shift should be always coincident , also without the knoledge of the path , i think ...
... but not if , in the space ' travel , the Doppler frequency is changed by some effect ( or some effect is changing the ticking of the clock inside the rocket ) .. you might think about in the Eastern holiday .. best wishes