Old February 22nd 04, 09:53 PM
Michael Wood

Default WalMart Portable Battery Pack?

On 22 Feb 2004 16:39:41 GMT, (Rod Mollise) wrote:

OTOH I suspect the deep cycle batteries might be better for higher
current drawing equipment, like a dew heater system.

Hi:

Or maybe not even then. I've been using one of the Walmart yellow "Prestone"
jump start packs for a couple of years to power a goto scope and a Dewbuster
heater system. Never have had a problem. I do recharge in the mornings, though,
and if the setup includes a CCD camera, computer, etc., a big deep-cycle
battery is definitely recommended.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Rod,

My more than gracious wife has a agreed to buy me the NS11 GPS for my
50th bday this year. Have been considering the the Orion "Dynamo" or
the Celestron twin because they're made for powering these scopes. I
admit, I don't know a great deal about batteries and my concern with
buying something at KMart or Wal-Mart is that I will somehow fry the
electronics and then negate the warranty. Most are 12 volt so should
I just be watching the amps or what.

Thanks.

Mike