Old April 29th 12, 02:33 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default THERMODYNAMICS AND RELATIVITY: DEAD SCIENCES

Julian Barbour also needs more evidence of science's death and sets a decisive experiment: "Would FQXi pay me if I suddenly declare that the simultaneity is absolute (not relative as Divine Albert taught) and that the cosmological redshift is not due to an expansion of the universe? If they do pay me and if there is no other reaction, then this science couldn't be more dead!"

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/cross_...an_barbour.pdf
Aspects of Time, Julian Barbour, Warwick, August 24th 2011: "Was Spacetime Glorious Historical Accident? (...) ABSOLUTE SIMULTANEITY RESTORED!"

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/gr-qc/pdf/0211/0211021v2.pdf
Julian Barbour: "The greatest need is for an EXPLANATION OF THE HUBBLE RED SHIFT THAT DOES NOT RELY ON EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE."

Barbour's experiment proved successful:

http://platonia.com/research.html
Julian Barbour: "In 2008 I received funding from the Foundational Questions Institute (fqxi.org) for my two-year research proposal Machian Quantum Gravity. The detailed proposal is here (pdf). In January 2011 I received further research funding for another two-year period for the project The Nature of Time and the Structure of Space (pdf). This new project follows on naturally from the first project, bulding on results obtained in it."

Pentcho Valev